Back to Results
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Voted 2019 top work places by Columbus CEO, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive result for more than 20 years. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership, speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety industries.
As a Senior System Engineer, you will be planning, implementing, monitoring and maintaining our server infrastructure by developing and promoting standard operating procedures, evaluating new systems and ensuring that all current systems are configured in compliance with applicable security standards.
- Server and storage infrastructure, including Cisco UCS, VMware virtual infrastructure, and Horizon View VDI, Nimble and Active Directory services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents with operating systems, hardware, software, and network infrastructure and install, configure, and administer operating system software, patches, and upgrades by designing, configuring, monitoring, and optimizing system hardware for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and proper documentation.
- Administrating and supporting Microsoft, VMware and Cisco technologies
- Configuring and managing the storage environment including replication/recovery
- Managing and configuring VMware Horizon View VDI environment
- Administration and maintenance of MS SQL Server databases
- Designing and implementing procedures for monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Ensuring compliance with applicable security standards and requirements
- Conducting Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Assisting with hardware and software evaluations, recommendations and negotiations
- Managing data backup operations and follow procedures to ensure that all data backups are successful, secure, and recoverable
- Defining and documenting best practices and support procedures
- Developing and implementing project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Providing after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Providing end-user support and training as needed
- Bachelor Degree – Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline or proven equivalent professional experience as Systems Engineer; Microsoft and/or VMWare certifications are preferred
- At least 5 – 10 years of Systems Engineering experience in a large enterprise environment
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Servers (2008/2012 /2016) and desktop Operating Systems
- Proficient in managing server virtualization technology (VMware)
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory Users and Groups, including GPO administration
- Strong knowledge of security standards and implementation of security procedures to maintain compliance with security requirements
- Basic knowledge of networking and management of network devices like switches, routers and firewalls a plus
- Detail oriented, self-motivated individual that can work independently on a variety of simultaneous projects
- Flexible approach to working hours, occasional after hours/weekend work required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to document new processes and procedures
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack and Firewall security in an inter-networking environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, communications, and presentation skills
- Ability to serve as a technical mentor to others and guide less experienced engineers and technicians in resolving complex problems
- Ability to apply expert knowledge of systems engineering to the most complex problems
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.
CareWorks Tech provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.