Back to Results
Senior Network Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Voted 2019 top work places by Columbus CEO, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive result for more than 20 years. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership, speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety industries.
Job Description: Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting the entire network eco-system including firewalls and security devices. The goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability security infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and stability for critical applications and services. You will be responsible for providing guidance and mentorship to other networking team members.
- Monitor firewall appliances and other security hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and VPN concentrators
- Diagnose advanced problems and solve issues, often under time constraints
- Monitor network performance and implements performance tuning when necessary. Provides on-call support in troubleshooting, coordinating, escalating to ensure the recovery of failed components or equipment
- Manage firewall/security systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Bachelor Degree – Business/IT or equivalent experience and CCNA, CCNP or equivalent experience, CCIE is preferred
- 5 – 10 years of experience in area of specialization, with at least 5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer on an Enterprise Class Network
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies
- The ability to work with large projects and interact with project management for a multiple geographic and global network initiative
- Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Demonstrated strength in team leadership and direct supervision
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to document new processes and procedures
- Expert knowledge of a variety of network management tools, test equipment, circuits, and modems
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack and Firewall security in an inter-networking environment
- Advanced knowledge of X.25, frame relay, Ethernet, and token rings
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, communications, and presentation skills
- Ability to serve as a technical mentor to others and guide less experienced engineers and technicians in resolving complex problems
- Ability to apply expert knowledge of network engineering to the most complex problems
- Cisco certifications such as CCNA and CCNP are a plus, CCIE is preferable
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.
CareWorks Tech provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.