Location: Columbus, OH
For more than 18 years, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive results. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships.
• Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization
• Perform system security administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, applications and network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines
• Perform installation and configuration management of security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances and host-based security systems
• Perform threat and vulnerability assessments, in some cases followed by appropriate remedial action, to ensure that systems are protected from known and potential threats and are free from known vulnerabilities
• Apply patches where appropriate and, at the direction of [manager responsible for security administrator], remove or otherwise mitigate known control weaknesses, such as unnecessary services or applications or redundant user accounts, as a means of hardening systems in accordance with security policies and standards
• Locate and repair security problems and failures
• Collate security incident and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports
• Perform normal and exceptional processing of user access and change requests, escalating such requests when appropriate
• Report unresolved network security exposures, misuse of resources or noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes
• Assist and train junior team members in the use of security tools, the preparation of security reports and the resolution of security issues
• Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
• Research, recommend, evaluate and implement information security solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations
• Provide guidance to junior members of the team
Daily Tasks Performed
• Under direction and supervision of McAfee support lead, provides first and second level of support for McAfee antivirus and endpoint security solutions
Qualifications: BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science
3 to 5 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, applications development, database design and administration
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity. CareWorks Tech is not your typical technology company. We are part of the CareWork’s family of companies which is one of Ohio’s largest managed care organizations, serving over 115,000 employers and owned by York Risk Services Group. We have 4 guiding principles: (1) Customer Commitment (2) Attitude of Service (3) Respect for the Individual and Team and (4) Exceeding Expectations. We invest in your training, professional development, benefits (medical, 401k, paid holidays/vacation, etc.) and personally focus on your career success. We have operations in 85 locations worldwide and employ 5,000+ people.