Location: Columbus, OH
For more than 20 years, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive results. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships.
Job Description: We are for experienced information risk management professionals for the Security Operations Center (SOC). This hands-on operational role supports real-time security event analysis to provide information security and assurance by leveraging SIEM, ID/PS, WAF, and endpoint security technologies. Analysts evaluate the type and severity of security events by making use of packet analyzers, investigating logs, and troubleshooting; understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities is required. Malicious or innocuous traffic will be determined by the analyst through triage, investigation, mitigation and remediation processes. In addition to these responsibilities, this position requires the individual to represent the team on departmental and enterprise initiatives that uplift the capability of our defense posture.
SHIFT: WEEKEND OVERNIGHTS- FRIDAY-SUNDAY: 8pm – 8am
TRAINING: The first 3-4 weeks will be spent working M-F from 8am – 5pm EST for training purposes.
STANDARD HOURS – 36 per week
– End to end critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Ability to quickly resolve issues with possession of strong communication skills (verbal and written)
– Ability to maintain professional demeanor in stressful situations
– Understanding of packet analysis and networking
– Familiarity with incident response lifecycle
– Ability to be part of on-call rotation
– Analytical and detail oriented – individuals must have passion and initiative
– Independent-thinker and self-starter, who still can work well within team environment
– Thorough knowledge or experience with Security Event Information Management tools
– Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, NetBIOS, and other protocols.
– Thorough knowledge of log analysis tools (Log Logic, Splunk, or similar)
– Thorough knowledge of Linux, UNIX, Windows, and mobile operating systems
– Thorough knowledge of basic network services, vulnerabilities and attacks
– Thorough knowledge of exploits and vulnerabilities
– Thorough knowledge of malware and eradication
– Thorough knowledge of programming and shell scripting
– Code development background with experience in various languages
– Familiarity with the ITIL framework
– Certifications: GSEC, GCIH, GMON, CISSP, CEH, or any similar InfoSec Certifications
5 years of Information Technology experience with 2 years focused in Information Security
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity. CareWorks Tech is not your typical technology company. We are part of the CareWork’s family of companies which is one of Ohio’s largest managed care organizations, serving over 115,000 employers and owned by York Risk Services Group. We have 4 guiding principles: (1) Customer Commitment (2) Attitude of Service (3) Respect for the Individual and Team and (4) Exceeding Expectations. We invest in your training, professional development, benefits (medical, 401k, paid holidays/vacation, etc.) and personally focus on your career success. We have operations in 85 locations worldwide and employ 5,000+ people.