Location: Columbus, OH
For more than 20 years, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive results. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships.
Job Description: The Requirements Lead is the individual who has the primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users. The lead may manage other requirements team members (system analyst and business analyst) as part of the program The requirements lead serves as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
A requirements lead is involved at some level throughout the entire system or software development life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements.
The requirements lead functions is a project role. The requirements lead is responsible for seeing that the tasks are performed properly either by themselves or in partnership with business analyst or solution analyst that are a part of the team.
• Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
• Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
• Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
• Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
• Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
• Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
• Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
• Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
• Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.
• Banking experience required with specialty in credit card business industry
• 10 years’ experience in leading requirements management processes and techniques with large scale programs.
• 10+ years in writing requirements using many forms (i.e. use case, story cards etc)
• Experience with working with vendors to gather requirements for third party system.
• Experience in managing requirements using multiple methodologies (i.e. Agile, waterfall, iterative etc)
• Experience using multiple types of requirements tools (i.e. Jira, Blueprint, Jama, Microfocus etc) and managing the requirements through the SDLC.
• An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice
• An understanding of how to practice requirements management according to several software development life cycles in a team environment
• Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
• Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them
• Work with the project manager, product manager, and/or project sponsor to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
• Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
• Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
• Make recommendations for how requirements will be structured, stored and managed through-out across the program.
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
• Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
• Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
• Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
• Participate in requirements prioritization in partnership with the business teams.
• Identify requirements errors and defects, and write requirements defect identification and notification reports.
• Manage changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
• Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
• Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
• Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
Measures of Performance
• Evaluation from product and program management on overall product quality and effectiveness in the marketplace of the requirements after the product has been developed
• Feedback from key customer or marketing representatives on the way in which the requirements process was conducted
• Customer satisfaction measures as defined by the program
• Satisfying or exceeding requirements development schedules, resource constraints, and quality goals
• Control of requirements creep attributable to missed requirements and leakage of “unofficial” requirements into the project
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity. CareWorks Tech is not your typical technology company. We are part of the CareWork’s family of companies which is one of Ohio’s largest managed care organizations, serving over 115,000 employers and owned by York Risk Services Group. We have 4 guiding principles: (1) Customer Commitment (2) Attitude of Service (3) Respect for the Individual and Team and (4) Exceeding Expectations. We invest in your training, professional development, benefits (medical, 401k, paid holidays/vacation, etc.) and personally focus on your career success. We have operations in 85 locations worldwide and employ 5,000+ people.