Back to Results
QA Automation Engineer (Java/Cucumber)
Location: Columbus, OH
Voted 2019 top work places by Columbus CEO, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive result for more than 20 years. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership, speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety industries.
Job Description: As a QA Automation Engineer, you will work as part of a cross-functional, passionate, agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Leverage existing agile mobile testing framework for designing, developing and building automation test scenarios pertaining to various components of the mobile iOS & Android platform using cucumber JAVA using Appium tool
• Research, recommend and implement automation strategy as needed with the goal of increasing and maintaining automation suite
• Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and automate for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow
• Mentor team members on automation and providing automation expertise to our development teams
• Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
• Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
• Work closely with Product Owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test plan, quality standards, and strategies for the project
• Manually execute the test scripts as needed during the life cycle of the project
• Throughout projects and issues, resolution utilizes critical thinking and technical skills to identify issues and understand the impact to the user
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using cucumber
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java
- Demonstrable ability with solid knowledge in testing best practices and techniques
- Ability to evaluate test strategy, test cases, test data, test plan, risk base testing technique and test processes for completeness, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Ability to present the timely testing status to the stakeholders and management and instill confidence about the work being done
- Ability to prepare any risk mitigation plans in case there are any delays are foreseen
- Willingness and ability to bridge any gaps and differences between the testing team and the management and form a clean two-way interface channel
- Ability to effectively manage up, down, and across organizational structures
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and influence skills are a must
- Ability to learn quickly and take action
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.
CareWorks Tech provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.