Location: Columbus, OH
For more than 20 years, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive results. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships.
Job Description: The Defense Optimization Team is looking for a skilled Cyber Security Professional. The Cyber Defense Specialist is responsible for improving the cyber defense posture through proactively identifying, classifying, and protecting against new threats and vulnerabilities. The role will be specifically on the Defense Optimization team and will responsible for ensuring security tools are leveraged through integration opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years of information security experience. In addition, it is preferred the candidate has a thorough understanding of Phantom Splunk and proven coding skills (Developer). Nice to haves include cloud security within Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, IBM Qradar SIEM, Palo Alto, IDS/IPS products.
– You should have an understanding of software development standard methodologies and be able to develop new apps and playbooks. (Since many of our products leverage Python for app and playbook development, experience in this language is desirable).
– Ability to build, present and document technical solutions.
– Ability to perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
– proven record of being able to identify customer needs, requirements, and business drivers for automation and orchestration solutions.
– Ability to write reusable, testable, and efficient Python-based Playbooks that codify the business drivers of our internal customers.
– Development of patterns, signatures, and configuration changes in multiple security tools such as IPS, SIEM, and NGFW
– Identify, analyze, and develop mitigation guidance for threats and vulnerabilities
– Thorough understanding of attack vectors, cyber threats, and methods of exploitation
– In-depth knowledge of kill chain, SANS Controls, and vulnerability management lifecycle
– Maintains knowledge of current vulnerability and threat trends
– Experience with vulnerability and IOC classification
– Experience with use case development and security defense process improvements
– Define security tool integrations and capability enhancements
– Defense controls and cyber defense framework implementation
– Excellent communication, strong presentation, and documentation skills
– In-depth experience with multiple technologies such as Linux, Windows, Network, and Applications
– Interfacing with various groups across the organization to drive remediation
– In-depth experience with SIEM, IDS, HIPS, Vulnerability Scanners and Firewalls required
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity. CareWorks Tech is not your typical technology company. We are part of the CareWork’s family of companies which is one of Ohio’s largest managed care organizations, serving over 115,000 employers and owned by York Risk Services Group. We have 4 guiding principles: (1) Customer Commitment (2) Attitude of Service (3) Respect for the Individual and Team and (4) Exceeding Expectations. We invest in your training, professional development, benefits (medical, 401k, paid holidays/vacation, etc.) and personally focus on your career success. We have operations in 85 locations worldwide and employ 5,000+ people.