Location: Columbus, OH
For more than 18 years, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive results. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships.
Position Description: Big Data Developer specializing in Spark development. Technologies: Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka (queues), Spark/Spark Streaming, MAPR preferred, Analytics, Machine Learning experience preferred, NoSQL/RDBMS database experience.
Application / Modules Required:
• Design and code Spark applications
• Resolve defects in Spark applications
• Conducts logical and physical database design
• Identifies unique opportunities to collect new data
• Designs ETL processes and data pipeleines to build large, complex data sets
• Strategize new uses for data and its interaction with data design
• Finds new uses for existing data sources
• Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design
• Discovers “stories” told by the data and presents them to business partners
• Tests and validates predictive models
• Builds data visualization prototypes
• Implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models
• Designs, modifies and builds new data processes
• Implement, configure, administer, monitor Hadoop clusters
• Implements new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently
• Prepare and communicate status, issues, and opportunities to the business
• Provides technical assistance to junior team members
• Create, refine and enforce data management standards, policies, and procedures
• Evaluates emerging Big Data technologies to develops next-generation Big Data analytics framework
• Responsible for problem escalation to appropriate teams and third parties as appropriate
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity. CareWorks Tech is not your typical technology company. We are part of the CareWork’s family of companies which is one of Ohio’s largest managed care organizations, serving over 115,000 employers and owned by York Risk Services Group. We have 4 guiding principles: (1) Customer Commitment (2) Attitude of Service (3) Respect for the Individual and Team and (4) Exceeding Expectations. We invest in your training, professional development, benefits (medical, 401k, paid holidays/vacation, etc.) and personally focus on your career success. We have operations in 85 locations worldwide and employ 5,000+ people.