Sr. Software Engineer: Retek WMS
Location: Columbus, OH Major Responsibilities include
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices.
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology.
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency.
- Participates in pairing and code reviews.
- Support (2nd level) and troubleshoot problems with existing applications.
- Mentors and guides others who are still developing their skills.
Minimum Qualifications include
- A minimum of 7 years software development experience, 5 years of which are Retek/PL SQL specific, is required.
- Expert in (Oracle) PL/SQL including Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Tuning.
- Competent in Oracle Forms development and testing (11g).
- Thorough understanding of Retek Application Design Principles and Intent.
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of Retek’s Warehouse Management solution and an in-depth understanding of related technologies, including Unix (Bash) Scripting, MQ Series, relevant EDI transactions, Linux OS etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical. Able to interpret complex back-end business logic, deconstruct it, enhance it etc.
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
- Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into simple software solutions.
Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable business systems. Desired Qualifications include
- Experience with Perl, Pro C (C), SQL Loader, Websphere Business Integrator.
- Experience with WebServices (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc).
- Familiarity with ORM technologies (iBatis, Hibernate).
- Good understanding of Object Oriented principles (Analysis and Design).
- Familiarity with Java and an related technologies, e.g. Servlets, Struts/Tiles, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Espresso.
- Ecommerce experience.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies. Familiarity with EAI patterns, queuing systems (e.g. MQ Series, JMS, etc.) and business process orchestration (e.g. BPEL), workflow automation systems, etc.
- Familiarity with Ruby.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.