Location: Columbus, OH
PURPOSE of POSITION:
Work on a team (usually) or alone (occasionally) delivering enhancements to Salesforce.com platform. Role includes modification to custom Apex code as well as ETL work. Data cleaning/loading of large datasets (>1 million records) a must for position. Role also includes meeting with customers to understand their business processes and needs with the objective of determining solutions to support the business. This will sometimes require filling multiple roles to turn the customers’ needs into an actual solution. Desire and proven background in production fixes. Passion for troubleshooting, fixing and correcting issues on mission critical system. Takes initiative, owns issues from start to finish, proactive communicator. Daily activities include changes to code at the unit level, but also design and architecture changes as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good listening skills as direct communication with the business customer and developers will be common.
- Should have the ability to work independently and be able to establish priorities
- Job will likely require that the individual work hours outside of 8am-5pm to meet with business customers, after hours on-call and support of systems (rotating between team members).
Course of Study/Major: CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or similar, or equivalent experience.
Related Work Experience:
- Strong Salesforce.com experience.
- Three to five years of experience in Java.
- Two years of experience in Oracle and ETL.
- Back-end Salesforce development experience focused on data structures/data cleansing.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
- Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service.
- Experience interfacing with customers for gathering requirements.
- Experience planning and breaking down a task into sub-tasks and estimating effort to perform the work.
- Familiarity with software usability concepts.
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Software prototyping experience.
- Ability to support global operations.
- Four or more years of experience in a software development role.
- Experience programming with Java.
- Strong experience as a Salesforce developer.
- Object-oriented development experience.
- Experience with additional software development technologies and methodologies.
- Knowledge of multi-tier system development.
- Knowledge of Web Services development using WebSphere or similar application server.
- Knowledge of additional software lifecycle phases including testing, deployment, maintenance and support.
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools.
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.