Sun Systems Architect/Systems Admin
Location: Columbus, OH
CareWorks Tech is currently seeking a Sun Systems Architect/System Administrator.
New project approved to build a new web site in-house Disaster Recovery environment will add additional responsibilities to the Direct Infrastructure Support team.
In addition to providing ongoing support for the current web environment, the team will take on additional responsibilities building and supporting the new web disaster recovery environment.
We need someone who can:
* Perform deployment and installation of new hardware in support of the web infrastructure environment
* Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and various software packages. * Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
* Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
* Ensures server integrity by evaluation, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
* Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
* Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
* Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
* Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system software and hardware configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
* Provides recommendations regarding hardware and system software planning and budgeting.
* Participate in 24x7 on-call support activities.
* Identify and correct application software problems.
* Provide technical leadership and direction.
* Must have high degree of technical proficiency in design and support, problem solving skills and business knowledge.
* 4 year degree in Information Systems or equivalent combination of course work and job experience.
* 3-5 year relevant experience with servers or applications.
* Working knowledge of PC's including software and hardware.
* 3+ years experience with Unix, preferably Solaris
* Experience supporting a e-commerce web environment.
* Experience administering and supporting the Apache web server.
* Experience administering and supporting the BEA WebLogic application server.
* Experience with TCP/IP and networking protocols, and DNS This position will provide an additional resource to build and support the new Web Disaster Recovery environment, while also providing ongoing 24x7x365 support to the VSD web site. Support activities will will include steady state, infrastructure upgrade projects, and business initiatives.
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.