Sr. Java/Swing Developer
Location: Dublin, OH
Department Description Overview: Enterprise Applications is the application development department in Enterprise IT. Enterprise Applications (EA) teams are co-located in Dublin, OH and McGaw Park, IL, and include: Application Architecture, Application Development, Application Support, and Quality Control. There are over 80 applications supported by EA, including, PeopleSoft (HR), Account Source, and JDE (Corporate Finance). EA provides application development and support services for several businesses, including: Corporate Sales & Marketing, Corporate HR & Financial Shared Services, Products and Services, Financial Services, Consumer Distribution, and Specialty Investments.
2. General Focus of Position: Application design, development, unit testing, status reporting, and personal time management. Achieve results through own work and through team work in a professional manner.
3. Responsibilities: · Interpret business requirements and define/recommend technical alternatives, tools, and platforms. · Complete design and development with multiple different technologies and platforms. · Support and lead technology migration, upgrades, and conversion efforts. · Complete thorough functional and technical evaluation of development tasks.
· Complete development coding, unit testing, and integration testing. · Work with other team members to help define timelines and project plans. · Coordinate and assist in the coding, testing, and implementation of the solution. · Collaborate with other technical areas to integrate solutions.
· Share and transfer technical knowledge with the junior members of the development team. · Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved. · Review implementation of solutions prior to deployment into production. · Support the development and specification of coding best practices and standards. · Other duties as required.
4. Qualifications: Education or Equivalent: (Minimum required to perform job)
o Four year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. 6+ years of development experience. Typically would work on medium to large size projects with wide organizational spans.
Knowledge/Skills Requirements: o Extensive knowledge of application and systems architecture, and systems integration. o Proficiency with web development and UML is required. o Proficiency with the following technologies is required: Java, Java applets, JSP, Swing, XML, HTTP, and Servlets. o Proficiency with both user interface and server side development is required. o Experience with J2EE is preferred. o Experience communicating with backend databases via JDBC is preferred. o Experience with CORBA is preferred. o Experience with SQL is preferred o Knowledge and experience with object oriented design and development. o Application analysis and design skills required. Experienced in identifying and organizing the implementation of complex technical solutions. o Experience with business critical applications. o Experience with enterprise development of scalable, high performance systems.
Physical/Mental Requirements: o Excellent written and verbal communication skills. o Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to work with multiple projects, teams, and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization. o Excellent communication, problem solving, and judgment skills. o Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. o Ability to work under pressure in a 24x7 production support mode. o Work well both independently and as a member of a high performance team. o Proactive, innovative, and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs. o Comprehensive knowledge of business unit’s functions and applications.
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
David A. Horvay
Sr. IT Recruiter | Sourcing Coordinator
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.