Java Grails Developer | Software Development
Location: Columbus, OH
Java Grails developer to help support their Web facing applications.
Solid development skills looking to join a good team of developers and managers.
Under general supervision, develops and revises procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to the following):
1. Develops and revises procedures to solve complex problems dealing with computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those applications.
2. Utilizes techniques for the successive phases of problem analysis. Performs the analysis, research, and resolution of production program problems. Maintains, debugs, and modifies programs.
3. Under moderate supervision, collects, analyzes, and interprets data used in program development to meet the defined user requirements. Prepares detailed specifications for programs of difficult complexity, prepares development time estimates for assigned tasks and is responsible for meeting those estimates. Updates and creates technical and user documentation.
4. Codes programs of difficult complexity, using recommended technologies. Follows the established methodologies and standards. Creates test data to execute all functions of the coded programs and performs integrated testing of all components in a medium-sized computer system. Executes program testing and is responsible for its accuracy and effectiveness.
5. Coordinates between other IT areas to maintain maximum efficiency of application systems. Collaborates with users to obtain feedback on effectiveness of the system.
6. Researches and responds to user questions about procedures, program functions or interdependencies/interrelationships of medium-sized systems. Works with users to improve their understanding, operating, or interdependencies/interrelationships for systems. Starts to develop a general knowledge of several business functions from the company operations perspective.
7. Project administration includes understanding and developing the basic concepts and techniques for planning, organizing, and controlling all phases of a project. Organizes, directs, and assists programming efforts of others as needed. Under close supervision, would plan, organize, and control small or medium sized development projects or programs.
8. Ensures standards and methodologies are followed and quality assurance review is met.
9. Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced application analysts.
10. May be responsible for completion of a phase of a Project.
1. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Systems or Business Administration.
2. Minimum of four to six years Programming/Analysis experience.
3. Thorough knowledge of Java technologies.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Manager, Applications Development
The CareWorks Family of Companies is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
David A. Horvay
Sr. IT Recruiter | Sourcing Coordinator
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.